CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Today it is raining and dreary. I feel like it's rainy and dreary inside my brain. Today I find myself a little more disappointed in humanity. I'm on my way to the school as the only volunteer out of 400 students parents. I often wonder what goes through people's minds when they're complaing about school activities being stopped. Field trips costing more.  Railing against holiday fundraising efforts.  Do they rrally think that last field trip was expensive at seven dollars out of their pockets?  I sure hope not.  Admission to a zoo or museum is more than that, even for children's rates.  How much did diesel fuel cost the last time you looked.  Bet its cheap to take three buses from podunk into the city for a little enrichment.  Disappointed that the kids get no year book or carnival this year?  Who can you blame?  Ah yes, the five whole members of the p.t.o., who spend every extra minute trying to make your kids' school career a little more great.  The five people who work tirelessly to make a dollar out of fifteen cents, who don't have the money or time but find it somehow.  The people who spend more than they have on said fundraiser, so that your kids don't have to pay full price, and their pare ts are blissfully ignorant of what that price would actually be if they had to pay.  Pay attention to what's important. Do the right thing firat.  I'm sick of hearing I'm sorry later.  Its a cop out.

0 comments: