CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Yes Mom, they come in other colors

I received an odd phone call from my mother last night. Apparently she's been waiting all summer for her orangish-yellow tomatoes to turn red. She's even got some that she picked wrapped up in newspaper to try and facilitate the process. But yesterday she dropped own and juice ran everywhere. This prompted the phone call as to whether there are in fact tomatoes of other hues. I was flabbergasted to say the least. How could my own mother be unaware of the wonderful world of love apples! She protested my fits of laughter with the fact that she lives in California and all of the tomatoes there are of course red! I suppose if you live under a rock. And I know she has the food network. I did the only thing I could think of. I told her to Google "tomato varieties" and click on the images link. Then I said she ought to probe the produce section a little deeper on her next shopping trip. I'm sure not everyone finds this as funny as I did, but that's okay. I guess you had to be there. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not FUNNY!
Mom