CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This Place Ain't So Bad Sometimes

Yesterday I was walking to the post office when I happened to look up in the sky and spot an eagle. I know you're probably saying so what? But where I grew up there might have been eagles, but one rarely saw them, and I can almost guarantee not as big as this one. See I live in a strange little story book village on a hill. Main street is at the bottom and the rest of the town just goes up on one side of the hills. Back to the bird. I must have walked for a block without looking where I was going. Just craning my neck up to see this creature. The words that I write, do not paint near as brilliant a a picture. There I was walking in the rain, singing a song, and there he was a bird whose wingspan is easily as wide as I am tall. Just flying around. All I could think to myself was that I wish the people who live in the houses on the hill took the time to look out that window. He was less than ten feet from the bay windows that he dwarfed in full soar. Well, just thought I'd share. Needless to say I spent so much time looking up that I forgot to look where I was walking. Thankfully there weren't too many cars cruising main street yesterday.

1 comments:

A said...

ok write a blog all stinkin' ready...

i want to put a post telling people about you're new blog but you have to be blogging for that.

LOL