CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks and barbecue

My parents came to visit us for the holiday weekend before heading up to Alaska for a vacation. It was an all around interesting time. Mike and my dad blew things up to their hearts content on the 3rd and 4th. I suffered a mild heart attack on the 3rd as I was unaware that they were going to set off a mortar while I was doing the dishes. Some time on the third I must have been way too excited as I bashed my hand into the entertainment center so hard, and in such a way that I am almost positive I broke one or two of the little bones. Needless to say, this may be a short post. My neighbors must have had a few drinks as they kept blowing up mortars in their back yard. I was lucky enough to get the first one of these explosions on video. I figure they must have been feeling good when blowing up half a stick of dynamite, ten feet away is funny. Especially on the fourth go round. I tried to let Phoenix stay up to watch the fireworks but he collapsed at about 9:00 pm and slept through both nights festivities.
On Saturday my parents took Phoenix and I to get him some shoes. My son spots a little blonde girl. And then another, he walks square up to the girl and says "I love you". Her mom thought it was the cutest thing ever. So did mine. I however am baffled at him. Usually when you tell him I love you, his reply is "mmm-hmmm". He has now said the actual phrase "I love you" 3 times. First to my mother on the phone, (grrr). Second to our good friend Jenny before she left, ( blonde). And third, to the little girl in the shoe store. But not mommy or daddy. Little butthead.
My parents left early yesterday, and I have been asleep or cleaning ever since. Apparently yesterday after I woke up when Phoenix's nap was over I fell back asleep. So soundly, I am told, that Phoenix used me for a jungle gym and I slept right on through to dinner. The rest is a bit hazy and delirious, sometime last night we said prayers and put baby to bed, and I found my way right back to sleep.

0 comments: