CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

So maybe yuppies don't have a smell

I spent my Saturday a few weeks ago at a wedding for the Not-better-half's best friend. It was an interesting affair to say the least. First of all who wears all black to a July wedding. Apparently lots of people thats who! Well and me, but I can explain. I went shopping very last minute for a dress, and when I did finally find one it ended up black, but not all black! It had red and white flowers on it. I was feeling a little awkward about it until I saw that it was the color of choice for the day. Okay so here is the weirdness. These people have apparently been friends for 20 years or so, yet it seemed like a company picnic for people who don't really talk much. It was pretty awkard, I missed the ceremony when Phoenix turned into Satan spawn, and spent much time off by myself trying to get signal to my cell phone. Yes I know very rude to be on the phone at a wedding, but who am I kidding, I was miserable. Out in the middle of the freak sunshine with 35 plus of Mike's once-upon-a-time good buddies. Or so he says. They all do the fingertip hugs and weird uncomfortable-english lady smiles. It was all together very different from the way that my friends act when they get together after a long seperation.

0 comments: