CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

"Potty" use with caution

The last few weeks have been filled with thoughts of how to potty train our young Phoenix. At first introduction to the potty he seemed vaguely interested. But as it stood up until two days ago, every time the bathroom door was unguarded he would just run in there and slam the lid down. If we tried to sit him up there he screamed. Well the other night we were getting ready for bath time and I thought what the heck. So while the tub was filling, I lifted the seat to his toilet and asked him if he wanted to try to go potty in the potty. I should have sat him on it first as I began to hear splashing immediately. He was sitting on the bath mat in front of the tub, the recipient of the shower was one of his poor, defenseless rubber duckies. In hind sight, I guess I should have put him on the potty and then said it.
It will probably be another month before we can try again as I think mommy yelling "Phoenix no!" didn't help the potty training process.

0 comments: