CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Mass shootings and high speed chases

Obviously the posts have been few and far between these days. Trying to beat down resurfacing demons is time consuming. More than likely the subject of the last sentence will not be discussed here. None the less, there are also the ever present family/money/damn-it-I'm-out-of-wipes-again? problems circling in my brain. This weekend however proved to have a little more in store for the excitement department.

On Saturday nine people and a gunman were shot in front of some night clubs in the Portland downtown area. As much of you are aware I'm sure, the Pacific Northwest is more known for it's hippies than it's violence. Needless to say, this was the worst shooting in the city's history.

Last night Mike and I were watching Katt Williams on television when we heard sirens. We hear sirens often as the ambulance passes by here to go to Woodland eight hundred times daily. This time there was obviously several of them. Now, bear in mind that I think Mike might be a closet Looky-loo, or Siren Chaser, if you will. Up he jumps, and off to the window. I decided to follow. By the time I got to the window he was already hopping excitedly. I peered through the blinds expecting to see a couple of ambulances, maybe there was a bad wreck or something, right? Nope, there were at least 10 police cars racing towards us from Longview, hot on the tail of a car that I managed to miss, as it did not have shiny flashing lights. *Chuckle* What can I say, my eyes are automatically drawn to, "ooh shiny", as Mike calls it.

There is a silver lining to the shooting story that I believe I forgot to mention. The shooterdid shoot himself, but didn't manage to die. That's right, they saved his ass. Maybe for once, one of them will have to think about what he did.

0 comments: