CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can I borrow a cup of willpower?

So two weeks ago I decided that there were two big vices in my life that I can probably do without. The first one was Pepsi, and believe me that was hard. I'm now two weeks clean and I want one every second of every day. Sugary soda is not good in general for someone with sugar and kidney issues, but that alone was not enough to stop me. I now have to make myself remember that when I drink Pepsi, it makes my stomach feel like someone took sand paper to the inner lining. This is a good deterrent. Unfortunately cigarettes are the other culprit. And this one is a strange one, as I have quit once before. The day I found out I was pregnant with Phoenix I stopped cold turkey. It was easy, because I was doing it for the sake of my child. You'd think after 9 months of no smokes, I'd be over it. You'd be wrong though. The second he was no longer attached to my blood supply I wanted a cigarette, and BAD. I signed the paper from the hospital and stepped outside for my first dizzying feeding of my pet cancer, and have fed him every day since then. But I want to quit, I really do. I've tried having only a certain number a day, and I would gradually smoke less and less. Yeah that didn't work so well. I am smoking four a day still and no matter how hard I try it isn't working. So I went through all these crazy scenarios in my head but none worked. It is really hard especially when Mike wants to quit too, but cold turkey won't work for him. So even though he's smoking three a day, (a huge improvement), they are still in the house, and I cannot resist the temptation. Now I'm thinking I'll get some whitening gum, and that will keep me from doing it. Now best friend is going to help the cause by sending me her extra white strips, yay for good friends. And I am doing something that will hopefully jump start the process. Mike had to go to Portland today for a prosthetics fitting. He left at noon. I made him take the cigarettes with him and dumped the ash tray. He's got to stop for some groceries, and cash his check at the bank, and take care of the rent. So I'm hoping that he won't be back until sometime after dinner, and will then hide the cigarettes. I have had two today, but I'm hoping if I can make it until tomorrow, it will then be a little easier to refrain. Wish me luck. For now I'm going to emerse myself in the Playstation and hope for the best.

0 comments: