CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Pennies from Heaven

Rolling pennies. Three trips to the bank worth of loose change. That is after I get one more penny roll and two more quarters to finish off the 4th roll. Yes, I said fourth. But I"m not complaining by any means. In fact just the opposite. Besides the fact that it is somewhat cathartic for someone like me to get even the smallest pile of chaos sorted. It is because so many people love my child that they will rid their pockets of all coins just to watch him run smiling to put them in his bank. Never mind that I could just empty the bank and let him put the same coins in over and over. They look at me like I'm insane. And although there's another two pounds worth in California, the three plus canisters I have here are nearly completely rolled. I am blessed in the fact that so many people love my child. I am overjoyed that he has grandparents and godparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends that love him so much. I grew up surrounded by the same types. It takes a village... even the long distance kind works.

1 comments:

A said...

I hate you. I had Louie Prima's Pennie's from Heaven stuck in my head all DAY!