CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seal coughs and running noses

Yesterday was craptastic. For the most part of it, I don't want to talk about it because I can't be nice. Suffice to say I spent some time with Satan, and she was at her usual worst. After we got home things went down hill. He started with a runny nose, and that was all there was going on when he went to bed last night. But at oh 9:30ish began the horrible seal coughing. I am completely unprepared. Here in Washington they LOVE to pass out the narcotics left and right, but try to get something to ease your kids coughing and they look at you like your stupid. It's a good thing I know how much plain old Tylenol to give him, because you can't even call them for dosing instructions. You will be greeted with we don't want you to give him anything, it's best to let him ride it out. My question is how many of you fuckers sit idly by and watch your kid hack his brains out sounding like Phyllis Diller? Enter BFF with the normal doctor there in California. She has all the charts of all the doses that she is willing to share. So now I'm in a quandry because I know if I call the doctor's office they will do two things. First tell me not to give him anything at all. Second tell me to bring him in, and then send me home telling me not to give him anything. Or I can just figure out what the best cough syrup is to give him... Actually that means call Allie and ask her what the best plan of attack is. And then ride it out for a day or two to see where it goes before calling the doc. But I still feel like a bad mom because shouldn't I call the doctor even if that is the response? And then there is the whole other barrel of shit that comes with needing a ride to the doctor what with the guilt trip that unfailingly follows. *sigh* I miss home, and the village that raised me.

***disclaimer***
Parts of this entry may be incoherent due to lack of sleep ;)

1 comments:

A said...

We use tylenol multi symptom cold around here. 1 tsp.

It's the fever stuff of tylenol plus runny nose and cough meds all in one.

Call me if you need to.