CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Even nice dentists hurt

Just got back from having a bothersome tooth pulled. And although my dentist called me hun and kept assuring me that I was doing good, I was still terrified. Because as is the law of Murphy, my teeth were perfect...that is until I know longer had a cushy job and top of the line insurance. So here I sit, terrified. I have had exactly four teeth pulled in my adult life. And I use the term lightly because they were my wisdom teeth, and I was still in college far from adult, and my mommy and brother took me. He said he'd pump my face full of all the Novocaine I wanted, then was shocked when even though the pain wasn't completely gone, I didn't need anymore. I explained about the previous dentist and her aversion to my state health care. You know some people don't care whether you paid your taxes for your whole life, the second you are on aid you are as good as a degenerate crack head who's working the system. He looked genuinely horrified. At any rate, what was left of my poor tooth was not easy to get out and it involved some twisting and pushing and pulling. He apologized throughout the whole endeavor and I left feeling a little better about humanity, even if my face was already beginning to throb and I won't be able to smile again until I have dental insurance. End the end I think it went as well as it could have.

0 comments: