CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Television and motherhood

All the house work is done, here I sit flipping through the channels. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Oooh a marathon of "House"! I've seen that once, I like him. Click.
It's a thin line. What you could and couldn't stomach. And what you can tolerate as a mother. I LOVED scary movies... until Phoenix. Now any of those babies could be him. Gone are the days of "I feel like crap, Court TV all day it is!" Now not only is there a little one that I'd rather not let watch certain things, every little thing means something totally different now. Any, and I mean any, situation can now be morphed into a possibility in our life. It's like there is an "insert child's name here", in every damn title. Okay so I'm watching "House", and in the first fifteen seconds I regret that decision. It was about sick babies. I'll go ahead and spare the details. But alas, I now had to watch the remaining 59 minutes, and forty five seconds minus commercials. I was stuck desperately needing to know that they save the day. Crying for most of the make believe story there in TV land. Why? Because I have a child now. And even though the story would have made me sad before. Once he debuted in the carbon world, this kind of thing wrecks me. Because I put myself in these situations. I drill myself on what I would do, how I would act, and everything else. Let me tell you, I can contort my brain in marvelously strange ways. On it goes until I find something to redirect my focus. Basically, I watch a ton of comedies, they feed my happy.

1 comments:

A said...

Yesterday some poor woman on a baby story got rushed into a c-section and there I was blubbering on the couch. I've been her and I was scared to be her...for her...

I can't watch the same movies either. I can still do horror but have a hard time with intense drama...things that COULD happen kill me.