CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Enough with the drama already

In the past few days I've fought with the water company, made corsages that where "too much", wrangled a wiggle worm, had a cousin in the hospital, and offered to take in a three year old, if it comes to that. I spent most of yesterday off and on crying about that poor baby, and feeling sick to my stomach that his worthless mother is my cousin. And felt ashamed. I argued with my mother about politics, I got made fun of because I don't want to support big corporations ruling the world. I've been called an extremist, and a wetback. I've managed to piss off a town by singing along with my headphones while in public. My not-better-half sided with someone who I was trying to defend him against. My son seems to be really averse to the idea of potty training. Oh well. I've been fighting the good fight I suppose, but damn it, if I'm not tired. At least I have a kindred spirit, or as she says, "we have to be from the same gene pool". Lately I have dominated the first half hour or so of conversation, and let me tell you, I am not relishing that fact. While I am glad to have her not be the one with the drama of the day, I am still sad because, well, she still hears my drama. But at the same time, she is a master of the subtle art of subject changing. No matter what it is, there is a thread there that can be seamlessly woven into something else. Ah friendship, it is a beautiful thing. Saver of sanity, that one.

0 comments: