CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fairy Make-Up Mother

Five years ago I had a nice corporate job. I could buy all the shoes and make-up that I wanted. But at that time I hadn't discovered my inner make-up maven. *smiles* I still have some shoes that have managed to survive my periodic purging of things. But as it stands in the make-up category I own, oh, about four barrels of MAC eye make-up. I haven't been bothering with cosmetics too much these last couple of years, I've been too busy being somebody's mama. So it's getting a little easier now to sneak a few "me" minutes and put on some color. Now, I don't bother with foundation, and I can't put on blush without looking like I'm heading to the circus for work, but I love the other stuff. I love lipstick, and mascara, and eyeliner, and especially eye shadow. These are the ones I am actually good at. *sigh* I have also spent my whole life being the person who just couldn't spend money on me, when I could spend it on you. So while I rediscovered the joy of make-up I still won't be buying any more. There is always going to be diapers, shoes, food, toys, or something else that Phoenix may need or want. I will probably always wish I had overflowing tins of cosmetic goodness like my friends do. Too bad for me, there is no such thing as a fairy make-up mother. So I will continue to use what I have until I run out, or before it becomes too toxic, or until Phoenix is 18+. If not I will be happy being plain jane mommy, he loves her just the same.

0 comments: