CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When OCD's collide

Okay I admit it, I have a problem with incessant cleaning. It could be worse though...right? I am continually bleaching, and sweeping, and mopping, and laundering... you get the point. So a few days ago, when I literally had nothing left to clean, I picked up one of my old video games. When I got my guitar hero, I had to try to get a one hundred percent on everything. I had to buy all the extra guitars, and songs, and whatever other accoutrement there was to be had. When I got my dance dance revolution, I had to try every single fricken song before I could try something else. When I got each of my Final Fantasy's I spent enormous amounts of time making my characters "awesome". Final Fantasy Ten was a good hundred and fifty hours of time I'll never get back. But at least then I had two things to do, go to work at my kick ass job, or play my play station. Hey I was 21 okay? I could have been way worse. So the other day when I busted it out for the I think third time, I figured, what the hell, I won't over do it this time, I'm much older. Last night when there were five dishes in the sink and I was feeling guilty about them, but too busy making my characters more uber, I came to a realization, rather two realizations. One, I will always have some kind of mild OCD. (But truth be told, I don't think having a tidy house, is a bad one, after all I could need to repeat the same action 8 times every time). And two, the only thing that will stop me from OCD cleaning, is *sigh* OCD something else, usually video game related. Oh well, I've heard guys dig chicks who play video games. Mike doesn't complain about it anyway. Lmfao

0 comments: