CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It backfired

This morning I was getting ready to go to the post office to see if something I'd been expecting had arrived. Of course this meant that Mike was going to ask me to get him cigarettes because well, he's trying to quit. Yeah I don't get it either. Anyway if I'm going to have to get his cigarettes he's going to have to deal with me getting something for myself. I break down and get myself a Pepsi and a bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips. When I get home I open the bag, and of course, even though he doesn't know what they are, Phoenix starts in with "I want one!". Now, I never give the boy chips, the only time I think he really gets them is if someone else gives them to him before I realize it. Anyway I decide that there is no way that he's going to like them, and thus giving him one will be the easiest way to deter him from chips. Wrong. The funniest face I've ever seen was quickly followed by an "Mmmmmm" and a salty little hand reaching up for another one. Damn it, it backfired. Now I should have known better, because about a month ago the same thing happened with green tea. He kept asking for a drink and I figured that the tea coupled with the fact that I drink it with no sugar, would not be something he was into. Wrongo buddy! Needless to say, he had a few chips this morning.

0 comments: